The role will be responsible for developing and executing against the Merchant Sales and Acquiring strategy in the CIS&SEE region of Visa.
- Establish the strategy for Visa to drive acceptance in both Emerging and Developed Markets.
- Provide thought leadership in markets where non-traditional partners are becoming key to expanding access – Markets across the region with a focus on Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Serbia
- Positioning Visa as the industry leader amongst clients, partners and peers.
- Expanding access by driving the increase of Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) and revenues. (additional acceptance locations, increased Visa usage, and additional processing volume via VisaNet)
- Driving contactless, e-Commerce, QR and new form factor acceptance in CIS&SEE.
- As a member of the CIS&SEE Leadership Team take ownership of score cards revenue and expense targets for CIS&SEE.
- Drive merchant engagement based on Visa 360 values – increasing differentiation for Visa, XB revenue, monetization of Visa Data and Consulting solutions.
- Develop and grow pipeline of merchant co brands in CIS&SEE.
- Engage with and grow Acquirer relationships in CIS&SEE. Driving compliance, sharing of best practices and differentiation for Visa.
- Working closely with country and functional teams to:
- Develop and execute the MS&A strategy and business plans including engagement plans with key merchant groups
- Driving Visa’s Scan to Pay Strategy for Acceptance
- Support the execution of Acceptance Strategy for various Government and Strategic Programs.
- Driving critical “Expand Access” plans for Emerging Markets.
- Engage with the regulator and managing IRF/Pricing and balancing the 4-Party Model
Principle Responsibilities / Key Result Areas:
- Delivery of financial / score card targets for MS&A and CYBS.
- Develop and execute the strategy for growing acceptance in CIS&SEE markets with a focus on emerging markets.
- Establish an engagement model to work closely with key merchant relationships in the market.
- Use forums like the Merchant Advisory Council and Strategic Merchant Congress and eComm Summits to drive value that Visa brings to merchants, acquirers and PSPs/Payment Aggregators.
- Lead the opening of non-traditional segments like Government / Bill Payment / Fast Food / Supermarkets / Utilities / Schools / Healthcare /Fuel where there is no acceptance.
- Be a key influencer in driving the Visa strategy on IRF, Pricing and Compliance for Acquirers - thought leadership on balancing the 4-Party Model.
- Partner with country management on merchant and acceptance related matters while working the Regulators / Central Banks.
- Develop the GTM for acceptance for new / Digital form factors – Scan to Pay / mPOS / e- Commerce
- Thought leadership, planning and implementation of alternative (new to Visa) channels like Aggregators and ISOs for Scan to Pay.
- Play the role of a Functional Expert for Acquiring solutions and best practices.
Decision Making and Complexity
- Key influencer in creating market strategies.
- Decisions impact the P&L, Implementation and achievement of Visa’s objectives for CIS&SEE.
- Works independently with guidance in only the more complex situations.
- Must have the maturity to work well within a matrix management approach.
- This position jointly reports to the Head of MS&A, CEMEA and the Group General Manager for CIS&SEE (based in the Kiev office)
- This position will involve frequent interaction with key Visa stakeholders (CCMs, GCM, Functional Heads, Geo LT&CLT), Financial Institutions, Processors, the Central Bank, Acquirers, Merchants, etc.
- Manage a team spread over multiple CIS&SEE offices.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills are required to navigate the complexities of a matrix organization.
- Multicultural sensitivity, D&I mindset and leadership skills are essential including the ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team.
- Strategic planning, analytical thinking
- Acquiring / Merchant Sales / Acceptance Expertise
- Influencing skills
- Team work and collaboration
- Negotiation Skills
- Payments, product knowledge & expertise
- Ability to understand financial concepts
Professional and Business
- Professional Degree with at least 15 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of Credit and Debit Cards business or related Payments Industry experience
- Financial Transaction processing knowledge
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal and ability to communicate at all levels within a large organization
- Significant gravitas to be able to represent Visa at industry forums, industry partners and regulators
- Flexibility to travel around the region and internationally as required