The Opportunity : Joining the One Commercial Partner team as a Partner Specialist means you will be playing a critical role helping Microsoft Partners to capitalize on the $2.
2 trillion-dollar Digital Transformation market opportunity by 2019 - a 60% increase since 2016. Working in OCP means you are shaping the world’s largest eco-
system of technology companies.
Microsoft’s Mission : Through our partners Microsoft brings digital ambitions to life by helping companies empower their employees, engage their customers, optimize their operations, and transform their products.
Overseeing Digital Transformation Success : The Partner Specialist is a critical role in working with partners to share a compelling vision for driving solution sales, driving consumption and building new practices for a Solution Area that enable customers to realize the vision of Digital Transformation.
The Role : The Partner Specialist is a Technology Solution Seller building relationships with C-Suite across Partners and Customers to drive sales
of Solution Area, support & coach Partner sales and technical teams, ensure right skills and programs are available to Partners and drive strong opportunity creation and pipeline management at scale via Partners.
This role is 80% Partner and 20% Customer facing.
Partner Engagement : The Partner Specialist collaborates with various Customer and Partner facing roles in Microsoft such as Account Executive, Inside Sales, Cloud Specialist, Territory Channel Manager, Partner Dev Manager across Partner types with high focus on Emerging Markets Priority Partners
1. Identify key Partners that can drive sales of Solution Area, ensure readiness and focus of the respective Partners, identify capability and capacity gaps and mobilize internal / external resources to bridge the gaps, drive territory plans with respective Partners
2. Develop strategy for identifying, driving & closing Solution Area opportunities for your assigned territory thru Partners
3. Coordinate pre-sales and sales efforts for the Solution Area with internal (Account Executive, Inside Sales, Cloud Specialist, Territory Channel Manager etc.
and external resources (Partner Sales & Technical teams)
4. Build sales discipline and accountability thru weekly pipeline reviews thru Partners and ensure alignment with internal stakeholders
5. Provide Level 100-200 product demos for the Solution Area to Partner teams and occasionally to Customers for large and complex deals as an extended support Partner
6. Provide support and coaching to drive excellence in Partner pipeline management, sales forecast and deal close plans for the respective Solution Area 7.
Consistently demonstrate the business value of MS solutions through solid business cases behind every sales opportunity.
Build industry know-how and be a credible advisor for the customer and partner demonstrating confidence with C level executives
8. 100% completion of required readiness courses to increase capability in Digital Transformation, Business Value, and Cross-
workload selling resulting in high win rate.
9. Share the stories that sit behind world-class examples of partners who have built disruptive and market leading new practices based on specific Solutions Areas
10. Gain 200 - 300 Level proficiency in articulating the business value and customer business impact for the Solution Area
Experiences Required : Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge :
partner practice building and solution sales opportunities.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.