Ubisoft Kiev is looking for a Lead .NET Backend Developer to join its Harbour team!
As a Lead Programmer, you lead the technological vision that brings to life the creative ambitions of the project. To achieve those ambitions, you build teams composed of talented and inspired programmers. Constantly in touch with them, you plan ahead, identify issues and closely follow up on features in development for the project.
Working on online services for our productions, the Lead programmer is in charge of the development and administration of online microservices written in C# on the Windows platform using a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases for all Ubisoft games with local or cloud technologies. As a Lead programmer, you will manage and participate in the design and implementation of RESTful APIs based on a microservice architecture, working with a DevOps mindset.
As Ubisoft’s online platform, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
- At least 5+ years of experience with C#/.NET
- 2+ yrs of relevant experience as Team Lead
- Experience in managing team of 4+ employees is a must
- RESTful web services using MVC Web API
- IIS (Internet Information Services)
- C# programming (.NET 4.5 and above)
- Database programming (SQL or NoSQL)
- Extensible distributed systems (scalability)
- Unit, integration, and load testing
- Good English
Will be a plus
- Knowledge of Amazon EC2
- Interest in security
- Knowledge of Visual Studio
- Knowledge of SQL Server
- Agile Development
- Participate in the design/analysis, coding, testing, integration, debugging, and supporting of online services.
- Estimate the effort required to accomplish tasks.
- Evaluate risks and impacts of decisions and changes.
- Organize and coordinate the project’s technological activities and resources throughout the production lifecycle
- Lead a programming discipline team at a technical and personnel level
- Determine the tech needs for the team, helping to establish clear coding best practices
- Coordinate, mentor and build a cohesive programming team;
- Oversee planning and staffing for your programming team
- Problem-solving and open-minded
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Sense of initiative, attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Working well in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Updating job knowledge proactively
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code
- Passion for making and playing games
- International AAA game projects
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
- Opportunity to travel abroad
- Medical / Life insurance
- English / French courses
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation
Hanging challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.