This is a key role within the Corporate Relations organization, advancing Visa’s business interests in CISSEE region (17 markets) via the deployment of effective external communications. He/she will be responsible for leading Visa CISSEE Corporate Relations team, tailoring global strategy, managing PR agencies across these markets and implementing communications activities that meet the global, regional (CEMEA) and local marketing and business objectives, while protecting and building Visa’s reputation.
Principle Responsibilities / Key Results Area
- Develops and executes annual External Communications plan for CISSEE as part of the overall communications plan and develops the markets' corporate narrative (based on a global narrative – where available).
Leads the Corporate Relations team in CISSEE.
- Directs and manages PR agencies to ensure that corporate messages and news stories are managed and distributed in a way that enhances external perceptions of Visa and meets business objectives – providing briefings, toolkits and advice.
- Works with business units to develop and manage specific project-based campaigns and communications plans, ensures appropriate implementation through PR agencies, monitors and manages against targets.
Works with Subject Matter Experts, business units to agree the messaging that supports business objectives and overall corporate narrative and ensures adoption across local markets' communications activities. Ensures alignment with global and regional position.
Works with local market and regional managers and product owners to agree role for communications, consult on local PR plans and to identify appropriate budgets in order to implement activity.
Identifies strengths and gaps in skills and capabilities across the local comms teams and agencies and develops and implements plan to ensure continuous improvement – using the communications community of practice.
- Manages corporate profiling for Group Country Manager and other members of the Leadership Team in order to support business objectives, and to develop a proactive plan for where their presence can add most value.
- Fosters relationships with key media representatives, pitching stories in an appropriate and effective way with a particular focus on Tier 1 outlets in CISSEE. Becomes a contributor to crisis/issues management.
Manages media monitoring and evaluation to provide reporting to CISSEE Leadership Team and senior employees, managing external providers and processes.
- Manages budgets for Corporate Relations in CISSEE, PR agencies and campaigns assigned.
Manages PR agency network across CISSEE: selection, target setting, performance monitoring and management, budget/fees management.
- Acts as a company spokesperson in CISSEE and content approver (escalating as required), liaising with relevant stakeholders as required.
Ensures appropriate PR process are aligned with global and regional requirements, documented, in place and followed, including approvals.
- Raises awareness of the company and improves its corporate reputation among critical audiences as measured by media coverage, message pull-through and perception audits.
- Ensures appropriate PR process are aligned with global requirements, documented, in place and followed, including approvals.
- Liaises with major partners to develop shared strategy and messages for significant launches including all approvals required.
- Works with Head of Corporate Relations Russia & CISSEE and hub to define and implement most appropriate media response to crises and issues
- Support other communications activities across the Communications team in CISSEE as required.
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- Head of Corporate Relations Russia and CISSEE (based in Moscow).
- The right candidate will have 10+ years of experience, preferably both in-house and within agency.
- Fluent Russian / Ukrainian / English speaker.
- Significant frontline media experience with “tier one” media.
- Experience of developing and implementing corporate, B2B, technology and consumer PR.
- Experience competently managing complex business issues and developing communications responses.
- Proven record of generating stories that drive business outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; as well as interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.